Green Building or Sustainable Building is the new trend in most building projects. Focus of green building is creating a design that increases money saving, utility, durability and comfort
Green Building is a long process that never ends. It starts with the design of your new Building, then during the construction process with material and solution choices, and after continues during all the time of building exploitation.
Automation can help you
Automation technology can be very efficient to keep a high quality standard during the building’s life. Most common objectives of Green Building are to reduce environment impact on nature and to provide a human health comfort by:
- optimizing the use of natural resource (energy, water …)
- protecting people health and supplying high productivity work environment
- reducing pollution: waste, environmental degradation (air, water, soil or noise)
National standards for Green Building exist in some countries: DGNB Zertifikat in Germany, LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) in USA / Canada, HQE (Haute Qualité Environnementale) in France, BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) in Great Britain, Minergy in Switzerland… An international standard is actually in validation process at the International Organization of Standardization: ISO 21931.
Phuket Technology & Services uses KNX Automation. It is the only automation system that can be used in Green Building as originally created for industry then fully adapted to private homes.
Many tools or sensors are available for monitoring your building:
- Energy: electricity consumption, diesel tank level, solar panel or wind-generator monitoring.
- Water: rainwater tank level, garden irrigation, quality of drinking water production after reverse osmosis filtration, water consumption, hot water production monitoring …
- Health: temperature and humidity sensor, CO2 sensor, A/C smart control …
First step: monitoring
A sensor is nothing without a professional “Energy dashboard”. The dashboard is feeded by your Automation Supervision system.
Energy dashboard displays all monitored functions in your building. In addition, a remote control can be provided. The dashboard is therefore the base on your Green Building project.
For more information about “energy Dashboard”, please read our “Dashboard, Supervision and Hypervision”page.